Wednesday 16 October 2013

Technology 1 ; Roz 0

What a battle today! Between the laptop not registering that a printer was plugged in and installed correctly, a tablet that wouldn't turn on (and then when it did, wouldn't turn the wi fi on) and a cell phone going dead, I've been well beaten today...

It's days like this that we come to realise how much we all rely on technology. If all my electronics were to die on the same day, I'd become one very sad person!

Gerard had magic fingers today - with 1 swift touch on the tablet, a stern glare at my blackberry and giving my laptop the cold shoulder, he managed to get it all up and running for me again! *thank goodness!*

Think about it, if your phone was to give up while you were living away from home, how would you adapt? I receive messages on 3 instant messaging apps, emails form 4 addresses, I also link up on Facebook on my phone.. Something makes me think that "Very Sad", "Defeated" and "Depressed" are not descriptive enough!

So, with all the technology working again, we debated getting cable tv (called OSN tv). We've decided that repetitive replays of the same movies (much like DSTV in South Africa) is not cool - once you've seen a series episode once, you don't need to see it a second time!  The only hiccup to this is that we need to first get our Resident's Permit (RP) to apply for such luxuries. So, once either one of us has this, we'll be getting cable tv *yay; happy dance!*

Electronics, technology and my skills simply did not mix today. But, tomorrow is another day. So, let's all see how it goes!

Good night, sweet dreams!

R x